Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Quick Mid Summer Update!

The summer of less technology is half way done!  Days are flying by.  I've done pretty well cutting down the technology addiction.  I've kept off Facebook and Twitter - but, Instagram seems to have replaced those social media outlets!  I do love the positivity of Instagram, the lack of overt advertising, and the messages conveyed in just one photograph.  Only one day left of the Instagram yoga photo a day challenge, and then I will be cutting back my posting & viewing there for the month of August.

Changes?  My practice has grown, I have spent more time on the mat this month than I ever have.  I'm gaining strength and knowledge about my body.  My kids have also spent some time with practice this month. Aside from yoga, I learned how to make almond milk.  It's so much more delicious when you prepare it yourself.  I also learned how to make mayonnaise! Which is also way more yummy when it's home made.  We finally picked a paint colour for our main living space, and it feels so open and bright now that it's painted.  I organized my closet, and my drawers!  Funny what happens when you have less distraction!

I'm jetting off to BC this week to attend the Wanderlust Yoga & Music festival in Whistler.  I'm bursting with excitement.  I've got a couple of days to myself before my husband joins me for the last couple of days of the festival, after which we will drive home through the Rockies.  In those days, I hope to sit down and do some reflecting and writing about practice, the Instagram yoga selfie, the show stopping yoga postures and the concept of growth or transformation through yoga practice.  I have thoughts brewing around in my head, and a bit of tethering for those thoughts thanks to one of my teachers, Colin Hall, and his recent blog posts on the Bodhi Tree Yoga website.   I also intend to write a nice long review of Wanderlust complete with photos when I return.

I've got some amazing instructors covering for me while I am out of town, I am certain you are in great hands!

Thursday Level 2 5:45 @ Bodhi - Tina Hnatiuk
Thursday Lev 1 7:30 @ Bodhi - Dev Kashyap
Friday Warm Yin 12:10 @ Yoga Haven - Karla Blocka
Friday Warm Yin 5:15 @ Bodhi - Dev Kashyap
Friday Hot 6:30 @ Bodhi - Dev Kashyap
Sunday - Bodhi closed for long weekend!
Tuesday Hips & Hams 5:45 @ Bodhi - Cara Gress
Tuesday Core Vinyasa 7:30 @ Bodhi - Cara Gress
Thursday Level 2 5:45 & 7:30 @ Bodhi - Scott Maclean

I will be back on Friday August 9 for Warm Yin at Yoga Haven and the usual Bodhi Friday night line up.  See you when I get back!



No comments:

Post a Comment